[X-Newbies] LittleSnitch and port 80.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:53:46 PST 2007

I have just purchased LittleSnitch in an attempt to improve the
security on my G5 running Tiger 10.4.8. I have noticed that It tries
to block apps that want to access the Internet by way of something
called "port 80". Some of the apps that have been caught doing this
are Firefox, WeatherDock and Google Notifier, but on the other hand,
LS is configured to allow apps like the QuickTime player to be able to
access "port 80". Why the difference between apps and why is it
important to block "port 80"?

Cheers,

Brian