[X-Newbies] Re: LittleSnitch and port 80.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 09:04:51 PST 2007

Thanks for the info. Reading the documentation that comes with an app
rarely covers a large issue like OS X network/internet security in
it's entirety. FWIW, I did read the documentation, as well as checked
related issues on the developer's site forum. As far as WeatherDock
was concerned, I considered it a no-brainer as well and was therefore
surprised when I found that the setting had already been preconfigured
by the developer. Since starting to use OS X, I have become
increasingly concerned about issue #1. This comes from a mixture of
not really understanding OS X security and having tested a fair amount
of program demos lately. Purchasing Little Snitch and asking about
port 80 were an attempt to learn a little bit more about OS X
security.

Brian