[X-Newbies] Printer Recommendation

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Feb 22 21:44:35 PST 2007

On Feb 22, 2007, at 7:12 PM, Mike wrote:

> As with everything else, YMMV. Canon printers have caused me all
> sorts of headaches. Every client I have who owns one looks foreward
> to theirs dying so they can buy a different brand.

My experience is very much contrary to this.  In addition, I love how
Canon treats customers and Mac users.

I had a problem about a year ago with a Canon, and I was really
impressed with the company.  I called them and they gave me the
option of either taking it to be repaired at a local Canon repair
station, or to have it replaced.

I opted to have it replaced.  They overnighted me a brand new Canon,
*and* a complete set of new ink cartridges.  They had me keep the old
ink cartridges and had me put the old Canon in the box the new one
came in and they had FedEx pick up the old one.  Total cost to me $0,
plus I got a new set of ink cartridges out of the deal and I got to
keep the old ones.  I was only without my Canon for a day!

My Canon Pixma is also a joy to use.  I can't believe how well it
performs for the price that I paid for it.
Randy B. Singer
Co-author of The Macintosh Bible (3rd, 4th, and 5th editions)

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html