Home network security was Re: [X-Newbies] Wi-fi range extenders

Mark Taintor markwt at mac.com
Wed Jan 17 19:00:45 PST 2007

A year os so ago, I installed a wireless router in my own home. I don't
recall doing anything to secure it. Is there a way to tell if I am
secure? What about my home computer which is a G4/533/no Airport, but
it is plugged into the back of the wireless router? Is that an open
book to the outside world? What can I do to keep my own data secure?
Thanks,
Mark