[X-Newbies] The Aplication folder...

W Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Tue Jun 5 04:24:54 PDT 2007

On 07-Jun-2, at 09:41: 18, Richard Ramsowr wrote:

> In my "Finder Folder" the first folder listed is
> "Applications".
>
> This is where I mount all of my application "icons".

Right, Applications in the Applications folder

> On the left hand column

The Sidebar, I assume you are referring to

> I have "icons for "My
> computer", "My Home", "My Desktop", "Applications" &
> Music...
>
> In this second "Icon" / application folder,

It's not a 'second Icon', it is an alias linking back to the 'real'
Applications folder

>   I store
> all of my related application items by software title
> i.e. all that stuff that shows up when your loading a
> application.

Not sure what you mean

> Question: Is this a good "best" practice or simply
> redundant and the act of a "control freak" such as
> myself?

Whether you put an item into the 'real' folder or into the 'Sidebar
folder of the same name', the item ends up the same place.

--
William Lane
Calgary, Canada