[X-Newbies] Printers for OS 9/USB?

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Thu Jun 14 10:43:51 PDT 2007

On 6/13/07 8:34 PM, "J" <themacintoshlady at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I have new printers in the box for serial Macs (2500s etc)
> I have USB printers for my X machines
>
> But I have ONE printer that will work with USB OS 9 computers that
> cannot run X
>
> Is there such an animal left to buy as many of my people don't still
> want to go with X because they would have to buy a whole new computer
> yet their printers are dying....

Serial and USB do not constitute the entire gamut of modern printers. Any
printer with Postscript and ethernet will support just about any Mac from
about System 7 onwards.

Most of these printers are heavy duty (rated in thousands of pages per
month) and designed for office use. New, they will probably be more than you
are prepared to spend, but second-hand is a different story.  Laser printers
which cost thousands when new can be had for under $200.  Your people will
wear out before these industrial-strength machines do.