[X-Newbies] Re: Printers for OS 9/USB?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Jun 14 19:55:14 PDT 2007

On Jun 14, 2007, at 2:00 PM, Al Poulin wrote:

> But we do not see a need yet to replace the old Lombard.  Maybe if
> I run my car over it?

Many businesses don't replace their hardware until it either breaks,
or there is new software available that they consider a must-have
that won't run on the older hardware.

I have long ago given up trying to persuade folks with old Macs that
are working perfectly, and which still meet their needs perfectly, to
upgrade.  It's like talking to myself.

I simply hope that when such folks finally do decide to upgrade that
there are still translators available so that they can still use
their old files with modern applications, and that there are still
adapters available so that they can still use their old peripherals
(which they also often refuse to give up.)

I was still dealing with businesses that wanted to convert their word
processing data to be usable on their new Macs many years after not
only Wang discontinued their word processing hardware, but well after
all of the businesses that sprung up to convert such data had gone
out of business!

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html