[X-Newbies] Re: Printers for OS 9/USB?

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Thu Jun 14 14:00:54 PDT 2007

On Jun 14, 2007, at 3:06 PM, Charles Martin wrote:

> Mac OS X has been out for almost SEVEN years now.
>
> There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for not having made the transition by
> now. Including budget -- a used Mac capable of running OS X might set
> you back as little as $50. Any Mac that has at least a G3, firewire
> ports and (I would suggest a minimum of) 512MB of RAM can run Tiger.

That still depends, really!  Our G3/333 Lombard, vintage 1999, with 64
MB RAM running OS 9.1 is still doing its job for my wife on her
genealogy research trips, the application being Reunion 5.  Its only
"upgrade" is a wireless PC card.

Our main machine is a Quicksilver G4/733 with Panther 10.3.9, and I
eventually broke down my resistance to buy my own genealogy laptop.
It's an iBook  G4/1.33 using Reunion 8 with Tiger 10.4.9.  I'll need to
get an Intel iMac this year to deal with some Windows-only CDs.

But we do not see a need yet to replace the old Lombard.  Maybe if I
run my car over it?

Al Poulin