[X-Newbies]

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Sun Jun 24 09:00:55 PDT 2007

On 6/24/07 9:36 AM, "Kurt Streeter" <kurt.streeter at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm running a Dual Core 2GHz 17" iMac, and have the 160GB master drive in two
> partitions (60GB for OSX 10.4.10 and 100GB which was originally used for
> Windows XP via BootCamp). I have since decided not to run XP on this machine,
> and want to format the partition to be used for file storage, etc.
>
> My problem is that Disk Utility is not recognizing the drive as formattable
> (presumably because it was formatted as a FAT32 partition by BootCamp). Please
> let me know how I get my system to format the partition as a Mac based
> (usable) drive.

To delete a Windows partition on a computer with multiple internal disks:
1 Start up in Mac OS X.
2 Quit all open applications and log out any other users on your computer.
3 Open Boot Camp Assistant.
4 Select ³Create or remove a Windows partition² and click Continue.
5 Select the disk with Windows on it.
6 Select ³Restore to a single Mac OS partition² and click Continue.