[X-Newbies] Joystick recommendation

Rob Griffiths robg at macosxhints.com
Wed Mar 7 06:25:03 PST 2007

On Mar 7, 2007, at 2:00 AM, Dana J. Laude wrote:

> I'm looking to purchase a joystick to use mainly with X-Plane.
> Anyone with a suggestion? It would be for a new 20" iMac. I
> googled, but everything I've found is pretty old.

I use a Saitek Cyborg Evo:

<http://www.saitekusa.com/USA/prod/cyborg_evo.htm>

It includes a twistable handle for the rudder, hat switch, and
something like 12 buttons. Everything was programmable in X-Plane,
and it works very well. I didn't want to spring for the full rudder
pedal set, and this cost a lot less (and takes up much less room).
Not bad for $30 (maybe less via Amazon, etc.).

I've used it on a Dual G5 and a new Mac Pro, and it's fine on both
machines, so ignore the "Windows XP/XP64" system requirements.

-rob.