[X-Newbies] How to block MailInfo and the like from phoning home from Mail.

W Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Sat Mar 10 11:05:46 PST 2007

On 07-Mar-10, at 10:36: 56, Brian Durant wrote:

> I guess I wasn't clear enough. I don't have MailInfo installed, but I
> receive e-mails from Windows users that have it installed. I don't
> want to mark their mail as spam, but I would like to make sure that I
> block sending receipts back to the sender.

Ah...

So does MailInfo work transparently with all receiving email clients?
I know that Entourage has a 'receipt' feature, but it doesn't work
with Mail or other email clients. Are you sure that you are in fact
sending receipts back to them? If so, how do they show up in your
email app? Do they show up in the Sent folder/mailbox? In Mail I'd be
inclined to set up a Rule to block sending based on content.

--
William Lane
Calgary, Canada