[X-Newbies] Re: How to block MailInfo and the like from phoning home from Mail.

Cornett cornett at gol.com
Sat Mar 10 16:22:46 PST 2007

Brian, et All
G'day! to All, and a most astute SecurityWise query indeed...

On Mar 11, 2007, at 02:37 AM,
x-newbies-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:
> Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 18:36:56 +0100
> From: "Brian Durant"
> Subject: Re: [X-Newbies] How to block MailInfo and the like from
> 	phoning home	from Mail.
> To: "A place to novice users Mac OS X."
> 	<x-newbies at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
long snip
> I would like to make sure that I
> block sending receipts back to the sender.

Brian, Mucho Big ThanX for starting this Important and very much
looonngg over-due Thread. Bravo!

Most all other Mail applications I've used in the past have had
a setting in their Preferances to enable or dis-able/what-to-do
whenever such incoming Reciepts(requests for) have arrived, and
I've long wondered about this topic since moving over to using
Apple Mail, nada-zilch in Prefs, ditto in it's Help files. I do
hope that one of the Gurus here on List will tell us All how-to
corral/stop/prevent/fix such security breaches(that Apple should
have built into Mail from the get-go) ? , without having a need
for us to revert/changing our choice to someother application
(more securitywise.. ie: Eudora? or ThunderBird?) for all of
(or some) our mail correspondence purposes to regain our own
self-wellbeing and comfort concerning security controls. Are
you tuned-in here Apple?

Any and All ideas, suggestions and help to List will be very
much appreciated and bigtime welcomed. TIA

Respectful of GURUs
Bill Cornett
cornettATgolDOTcom

/