[X-Newbies] an eMail Question...

Robert MacLeay robertmacleay at mac.com
Thu May 10 10:24:10 PDT 2007

On 5/10/07 10:55 AM, "Richard Ramsowr" <r.ramsowr at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I"m trying to embed (thank that's the correct term) a
> doc image into the body of  the eMail i.e when a
> person open the email they should see a view of my
> letterhead with text, a photo and/or other images that
> I might embed in the body of the eMail.

Hi, Rich!

There is unfortunately, no universal solution to your problem.

There are too many different email programs out there, all of which
implement integrated page elements differently, for there to be one sure way
of adding graphical formatting to an email.

This is why the first line of many commercial emails is
"If you can't see this email, click here."
Even the guys who make big bucks writing this stuff professionally can't
make sure everyone can read it.

I can guarantee you that the fancier you make your mail, the fewer people
will be able to see it as you intended.

THAT SAID...

What I do when I wish to send a formatted email is to create a web page in a
WSYWIG html editor and then paste the raw html code into Thunderbird and
send it through that email program.  Thunderbird is the only program I am
aware of which allows pasting in html code.  Even those programs which use
html insist on doing it themselves, which severely limits the number of
recipients who can read it.

I am unsure of what you are asking when you say "turn off Yahoo's mail
service."  Are you perhaps using webmail and wish to go to a regular mail
(Mail!) program?  You will have to investigate with Yahoo; there should be a
page somewhere on Yahoo that gives you the setup protocol for regular mail.