[X-Newbies] Apple OS X support for mobile phones.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:58:45 PDT 2007

Hi Rick,

I just checked today with the all dominating Apple dealer and
distributer here in Denmark:

<http://www.humac.dk>

They could not provide me with any information, as they don't yet know
if the iPhone will come to Denmark. There as of this time has not been
any contract signed between Apple and a Danish mobile telephone
company. If the iPhone is being distributed by a company such as
Vodophone, it will never reach Denmark, as they are not represented in
the Danish telephone market.

Regardless of whether the iPhone will reach Denmark eventually, is
still not really my point. While I can hope that the iPhone arrives
with the specs that you mention, it is for me and many other Mac users
frustrating that Apple doesn't try to support more mobile phones
through it's iSync technology. If you look at
<http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/isync/devices.html> it is
possible to see that a number of newer Sony Ericsson, Nokia, Samsung,
etc. phones are not listed and many of those that are listed are
hobbled by not being able to sync Address Book, Address Book Pictures,
Calendar and/or To Do Items.

This should be an absolute minimum as most of these mobiles are
provided with various program "suites" that can provide much more
functionality, including the above, but only with a Windows PC.

Cheers,

Brian