[X-Newbies] Mac mini/cinema display question

Konrad Waibel overloadinfo at charter.net
Sun Oct 7 20:03:44 PDT 2007

I now use a 17 inch iMac 2003 G4 10.4.10.  I have an external HD that
I use for backups.  I process digital photos, maybe 200 a month
maximum, write and receive emails daily, surf the web, use iTunes,
basic stuff like that, not a gamer.  I want more screen real estate.

I don't like the new 24 inch iMac and I've looked at it three times
in the Apple Store. As a workaround to a glossy screen iMac, I've
configured this possible order after researching my options on
apple.com, reviews on macworld.com, and bugging a mac-using friend
whose advice is get the glossy iMac and get used to it.

Specifications: Mac Mini
     * 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
     * 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
     * 160GB Serial ATA drive
     * SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
     * Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mouse
     * Apple Cinema HD Display (23" flat panel)
     * Mac OS X - U.S. English
     * AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac mini (w/or w/o Display) -
Auto-enroll
     * Accessory kit

Am I really losing something important with the Mac mini/cinema
display that I'd have with the iMac?

Thanks for looking.
Konrad.