[X-Newbies] Mac mini/cinema display question

Al Poulin alpoulin at cox.net
Mon Oct 8 17:55:55 PDT 2007

On Oct 7, 2007, at 11:03 PM, Konrad Waibel wrote:

> Specifications: Mac Mini
>     * 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
>     * 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x1GB
>     * 160GB Serial ATA drive
>     * SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
>     * Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mouse
>     * Apple Cinema HD Display (23" flat panel)
>     * Mac OS X - U.S. English
>     * AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac mini (w/or w/o Display) -
> Auto-enroll
>     * Accessory kit
>
> Am I really losing something important with the Mac mini/cinema
> display that I'd have with the iMac?

 From recent readings to compare the latest Mini with the latest iMac, I
understand the Mini performance specs are not as high as the iMac due
to a few internal design compromises.  I believe it uses its main
memory instead of memory in the video card to drive the display.  There
are a couple other observations being made.  Check this out at the
Macworld web site where they have completed recent reviews on both
machines.  These reviews showed up in the magazine, so I expect them to
be online by now.

Al Poulin