[X-Newbies] Brother Printer

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Wed Oct 24 09:21:18 PDT 2007

Does the printer have internal setup controls? ie: setting print
times, network settings.....
Check to see that the printer is set up to print immediately.
How is the printer connected? usb, network, usb to parallel cable?
Are you sure you're using the print driver setting instead of the fax
setting in Print Setup?

Link to Brother FAQ page:
<http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/faq/
faq_list.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc7420_all&Cat=3>

John

On Oct 24, 2007, at 10:34 AM, Peter Saint James wrote:

> 	I am trying to use a Brother MFC 7420 printer.  My computer
> recognizes it.  When I try to print something the printer software
> says it has printed.  The job shows up in the list of completed
> jobs.  However, the printer does absolutely nothing.  It does not
> print the piece.  What's the problem?
>

> 	TIA.
>
> 	I'm running Tiger on an Al Powerbook.
>

> 							Peter

"Sure, the invasion of Iraq was supposed to -- and will -- make us
safer. But few said it would make us safer right away, and those who
suggested otherwise were foolish for doing so. But why anybody should
be shocked or outraged that terrorists are striking back even as they
lose the war is beyond me. The only shock and outrage should be over
their willingness to murder innocent civilians indiscriminately. And,
perhaps, a little shock and outrage is called for in response to
those who think such terrorism is justified at all."
-Jonah Goldberg