[X-Newbies] Leopard Routine Maintenance

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Oct 28 18:14:57 PDT 2007

Until they are certified for OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I'd recommend that
you not use third
party utilities to do maintenance on your Mac.

Disk Warrior may be an exception, with some caveats (only run it
while booted from the Disk Warrior CD):
http://dwleopard.notlong.com

For now, I'd try to stick to using Disk Utility to repair permissions
and repair
your disk.  It's from Apple and it comes with Leopard, so at the
minimum it shouldn't harm anything.

Some folks are reporting that repairing permissions under Leopard
using Disk Utility can take between 5 minutes to over an hour.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4401956

Also, when repairing permissions "ARDAgent" is typically coming up as
a permissions problem.

I'll try and keep folks posted about other changes to routine
maintenance under Leopard as I hear about them.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html