[X-Newbies] Apple Mail Server Question

W Lane wilann at telusplanet.net
Sat Oct 18 20:09:38 PDT 2008

On 08-Oct-18, at 20:27: 11, Thomas McDermott wrote:

> William,
> 	Thanks for taking the time to respond.  To respond to a few things
> you mentioned...the pc at home is off while I am away so its not
> downloading mail at the same time.

OK, that clarifies part of the equation

>  I have it checked to leave mail on the server until I remove it
> from my inbox.  If I want to keep a message on my server I simply
> don't delete the message from my inbox..

makes sense

> but when I delete it and then check mail it still doesn't remove it
> right away...it does eventually.

Which, I suspect just might be an ISP thing. I know of some folks who
have deleted mail using their email application and then gone in hours
later through webmail and found the same email. Some ISP's seem to
have a skewed understanding of 'immediate deletion'

> I was just curious what the delay is about.

See above...

HTH

--
"At the end of life, our questions are very simple: Did I live fully?
Did I love well?" - Jack Kornfield.