[X-Newbies] Script for Simple Feed

J themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 25 07:47:03 PDT 2009

If anyone is into javascript...maybe you can help me (Yes I know this
list is not coding-centric but the web-dev apple list is not the
friendliest)

I found this great (although remotely hosted) script that allows me
to put a simple feed from the different places from companion blogs
onto my website's flat pages...

I have grabbed the .js file from the backend and as I look at it I am
wondering how to customize it so I can run it off my own server?

I anticipate that someday this person will ask to display ads.

Right now it's pretty nifty -- I have a simple line of links showing
for each feed I have in the pages...but I am not that well versed in
javascript and so I don't know how to alter the .js file so I can run
the backend off my own server.

I can't find one this simple either.

I can find a lot of fancy 'widgets', remotely hosted, and packaged
programs, but I don't want that.

I prefer the simple links that show in this one (separated by dashed
lines or not) because it's so easy to integrate with the pages I make
and if anyone has or can help me write something like that which I
could run off my own server, I'd be willing to pay for your time.

You can respond directly to me instead of the list...