[X-Newbies] Switch or KVM boxes?

John Drake jdljm at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 19:05:16 PST 2009

I have an iOGEAR box as well, the model GCS634U, which has USB for both the Keyboard and mouse, a a Kensington Expert Mouse, and the picture on my Samsung 17" flat screen is great with the VGA connector, the audio is a mini plug and it works well with my PCI G4 my 2 FW800 DDM and my new intel Mac Mini. Switching is down from the keyboard, a Microsoft Ergonomic 4000, using the sequence CTRL, CTRL, (number of device i.e 1, 2, 3 or 4), Enter. And it came with the 4 cables you need, two are hardwired, two are connectorized at both ends for you to use as needed. Oh and the unit gets its power from the USB ports so no need for a brick.
I listed my keyboard and mouse models so you'd see this is not a straight forward all Mac set up but it all works just fine, I'm quite happy with it's operation.
I got mine on line at Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-MiniView-Switch-Cables-GCS634U/dp/B000F3VHV8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1234235073&sr=1-2

Happy hunting.