[X-Newbies] Weird Mail problem.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 04:01:40 PST 2009

I have been experiencing a few problems with my ISP lately, where they
seem to have misconfigured their system so that at times I can only
send e-mail with their SMTP server. Sometimes, I can send e-mail using
my domain's (web hotel) SMTP server as in the past. Mail version 3.5
(930.3) in OS X Leopard 10.5.6 has unfortunately taken this issue in
an unkindly fashion. I now have three "sent" "draft" and "junk"
folders spread around, some are located under my account and some are
under the heading "on my Mac". The messages in those folders are from
different time periods - one ends in 2006 another has some e-mail from
2008 and some of my newest sent e-mails don't seem to be showing up
anywhere at all.

Does anyone know what is causing this and what the solution is?

Cheers,

Brian