[X-Newbies] WHAT EXTERNAL MIC IS GOOD FOR A MACBOOK RUNNING LEOPARD?

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Mar 11 17:57:34 PDT 2009

On Mar 11, 2009, at 5:21 PM, J wrote:

> Does this mean I can use my SURE mic that I use with my audio amp?

No! I bought a Shure microphone & iMic for my kids for Christmas
because it sounded like that's all I would need. It doesn't work -not
even on the Mic setting. The problem is discussed in the Griffin tech
note at <http://www.griffintechnology.com/articles/31-i-ve-plugged-in-my-150-mic-and-it-doesn-t-work-mac-and-pc
 >.

So when they say "any microphone" they don't really mean "any"
microphone.

-Mike