[X-Newbies] Canon MX310

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sat Mar 21 11:47:47 PDT 2009

On Mar 20, 2009, at 7:59 PM, J wrote:

> I cannot afford to mess up my laptop..

Are you a recent switcher from Windows?

You are unlikely to "mess up your [Mac] laptop" by installing Canon
drivers for your all-in-one.

The worst drivers for a printer or scanner that I know of were
drivers for HP printers.
See:
How To Deal With Common OS X 10.2 Jaguar Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html
Item#2

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA25467?viewlocale=en_US

These HP drivers caused slowdowns and spinning beachballs.  But even
then you could easily fix the problem by simply uninstalling the HP
drivers.

I haven't heard of any cases where users have installed Canon drivers
and have experienced any problems at all.

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html