[X-Newbies] Open DNS - how to get rid of it!

Scott Buntin scott-xlists at scotist.com
Sat Jan 23 16:28:06 PST 2010

On Jan 23, 2010, at 4:09 PM, GL wrote:

> Sure I can read Wiki as easily as anyone... but that's the question: how to opt-out of something when you never opted IN, in the first place?
>
> GRRRRR.
>

> On Jan 23, 2010, at 4:54 PM, Thierry de Coulon wrote:
>
>> So, definitely no "putrid spyware", but a DNS service that you should be able
>> to opt-out from.

Check your DNS settings. If you are using the OpenDNS servers, this will happen. Nothing is highjacked. If you don't want the OpenDNS search page to come up when you enter a non-existent web address, use your ISP's DNS server instead. Of course, then you'll probably end up with the Comcast search page in the same situation.

--
Scott