[X-Newbies] I got it... OPEN DNS

GL themacintoshlady at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 24 17:19:01 PST 2010

The people at OpenDNS gave me this explanation which I feel is the
correct one:

"Comcasts DHCP switch/router in your neighborhood/area had cached
information that said all listened-traffic from a specific IP was to
be directed to OpenDNS DNS servers unless specified by the user. This
could happen because a user who had your IP before you had setup
OpenDNS, and, when you inherited the IP, inherited the settings."

So long as my lock is set on the TCP/IP panel, it should not happen
again.