[X-Newbies] question

Fabian Fang ftf at mac.com
Sat May 1 17:53:36 PDT 2010

On May 1, 2010, at 2:06 PM, Kathaleen Kelly wrote:

> I have a general question about the distinctions between new laptop
> macs. I presently own an old G4 laptop powerbook, a late 2002 model.
> I think I need a new computer because, for a few months my computer
> screen has been blinking on and off, as if it were a light bulb that
> was getting ready to go out.
>
> So I'm beginning to shop for a new mac, and would like one with the
> same capabilities, and perhaps that is the MacBook Pro? Though when
> comparing the features of MacBook and MacBook Pro, they seem to be
> pretty much the same with the main differences in graphic quality,
> and screen size. Am I right? Do you know if it is or will be
> possible to buy a MacBook with a 15 inch screen?

PowerBooks had PowerPC G-processors, whereas MacBooks and MacBook Pros
have Intel processors; therefore no MacBook (or Pro) model has "the
same capabilities" as your "old G4 powerbook."  MacBooks and MacBook
Pros are quite different.  You can compare technical specifications of
all models at :
<http://www.everymac.com/>

No MacBook model has a 15-inch display.

Fabian