[X-Newbies] Sleep mode

Robert Green greenrw at shaw.ca
Sun May 30 11:24:03 PDT 2010

I have an intel mac running 10.4.11. When I set the sleep mode to
automatically put the computer to sleep after a set time it won't
wake up. I can hear the computer running but the screen stays black
and I have to restart to get it working again.  Screen saver is set
to off. If I set sleep to never but use the power button to put it to
sleep it all works well.  The sleep mode has been working fine until
recently and I checked the settings which are the same as they have
always been. I did all the routine maintenance  suggested by Randy
Singer on his webpage - http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html - but that
didn't help. Any suggestions?
Thanks
  Rob