[X-Newbies] Sleep mode

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon May 31 02:05:04 PDT 2010

On May 30, 2010, at 11:24 AM, Robert Green wrote:

> I have an intel mac running 10.4.11. When I set the sleep mode to
> automatically put the computer to sleep after a set time it won't
> wake up. I can hear the computer running but the screen stays black
> and I have to restart to get it working again.  Screen saver is set
> to off. If I set sleep to never but use the power button to put it
> to sleep it all works well.  The sleep mode has been working fine
> until recently and I checked the settings which are the same as
> they have always been. I did all the routine maintenance  suggested
> by Randy Singer on his webpage - http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
> - but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Are you using a wireless keyboard and/or mouse?  Those have been
known to be the source of this sort of problem.

Disconnect all peripherals and reattach the peripherals that came
with your Mac and see if things resolve.

If not, replace the internal PRAM battery and reset the PMU.  (I can
give you links on how to to this is you tell me which exact model of
Macintosh you have.)

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html