[X-Newbies] Laserwriter to Intel Macs?

Mark Taintor markwt at mac.com
Wed Oct 6 19:10:23 PDT 2010

My old G4/533 has just given up the ghost and I would like to connect
my Macbook Pro to my Laserwriter 16/600. I believe I need to find a
printer driver for this computer since I can't get the laptop to see
the printer.( I do have an adapter that lets me connect an ethernet
cable to the printer.) Can anybody point me in the right direction?And
when I get a new computer that runs Snow Leopard,  will that new
computer work with this old printer? Or do I finally need to go to
something made in this century?
Thanks,
Mark