[X Servers] Serial connection?

Ken Rossman rossman at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 22 11:17:51 PDT 2003

I am using the Keyspan High Speed USB Serial Adapter.  See:

   http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA19W/

I got this to connect to a cellphone for dial-out.  At that time, I was
using a Motorola StarTAC phone, and a Motorola DB9 serial cable, as well
as the Motorola StarTAC serial driver for OSX.  This worked quite well,
though the cables when put together, were somewhat long and cumbersome.

I can't claim to have ever figured out how to do any generic serial
applications, however, such as a terminal, which is what you are looking
for.  I had planned to (and will eventually get back to) porting
C-Kermit
over to MacOS/X, and using that for a terminal emulator.  Then, I'll
still need to figure out which unix serial port device is created when
I plug in the Keyspan adapter...

I am sure it's possible to do, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Probably someone else has, however.

/K