apples IMAP useable?

Ferdinand Fuchs indy27 at mac.com
Fri Aug 15 01:07:52 PDT 2003

hello,

we have an apple with mac os x server 10.2.4 with active dns, mail
and smb services.

we use pop to check emails and therefore all emails are on the client
machines. because we don't have a backup-solution for our clients, my
colleagues want to use IMAP. with IMAP the emails will be on our
server, that has a backup-solution (dlt-drive with retrospect).

because I can read sometimes very negative stories about apples
email-server (that I can't acknowledge, our mail-server works
flawlessly with POP since day one), I would like to ask you about
your experiences with apples own IMAP-server.

he would be used for 10 people (most of them has windows with
outlook), I think we have approximately 2gb of emails per annum.

many thanks for your help in advance!

yours sincerely

ferdinand