mod_rewrite question

John May jmaymailing at pointinspace.com
Fri Aug 15 08:04:44 PDT 2003

To all you mod_rewrite gurus:

I'm using a mod_rewrite rule as follows:

RewriteRule ^(.*)HostedStore.LassoApp(.*)
$1HostedStore_20030529.LassoApp$2 [R,NE]

to replace "HostedStore.LassoApp" with
"HostedStore_20030529.LassoApp" in a URL, while preserving search
arguments.

Right now, I'm using the [R] modifier to force a redirect, to get
Lasso to process the new URL instead of the old one.  Does anyone
know, however, if there's a way to get mod_rewrite to have Lasso
process the new version of the URL WITHOUT having to do a redirect?

Eg: the URL in the browser will still show up with the original
"HostedStore.LassoApp" in it, but mod_rewrite will replace it with
"HostedStore_20030529.LassoApp" before handing off to Lasso?

It'd be nice to be able to do this so search engines don't have to
re-index each time the replacement string is changed (version of
HostedStore changes).

Thanks for any help!

	- John

John May : President                  <http://www.pointinspace.com>
Point In Space Internet Solutions             jmay at pointinspace.com

          LPA Corporate Partner / FSA Associate / ACN Member

   Lasso 5 + 6 / PHP / MySQL / FileMaker Pro Hosting Now Available!