Mail Setup question

Pedro P Guimaraes guimara2 at tcnj.edu
Wed Feb 26 00:55:46 PST 2003

Hi guys,

    I have OX Server 10.2.4 running on a G4 400mhz tower,  the AGP version,
My question is, is there some where that can give me clear instructions on
how to set up the mail server to receive and send mail to the out side
world?  I look on google and apples page, the Server Manual was great for
helping me set up the mail system, and I have it running being able to send
messages inside the network, but I cant break to the outside.  I have a
Domain name, that I would like to use, and it forwards my wed to the web
server, I can get it too forward all emails to a specific location or email.
But I don¹t know if that¹s the proper way to set it up.

I am pretty new to running Servers though I have a lot of Mac experience,
and a good amount of OS X experience too.  But this one is not coming to me.

I also don¹t have all the discs as I got the server software from my Fire
House when they decided that they didn¹t want to ³waste² time with learning
a Mac (even though I volunteered to keep it up and running). They only gave
me the ³installer disc² though I don¹t think I need any others.  So any how,
they are still working on a windows version trying to get it running and I
would like to have this one up before they have the windows up, (so I can
say told you so :) )

Anyways,  If some one can point me to a good site or can email me some
better directions to follow.

Mail service is up and running
The server is a DNS server as well
Web is running
AFP is running

Thank you all so much.

By the way,  I am a student and can get a cheaper copy of the 10 client
version, Should I invest in that? Will it give me the answers I seek?
I would like to get a home version running as well, though I wasn¹t going to
try and purchase the server software till they released 10.3,  For now I am
using the companies serial number, which unless they decide to use it (I
hope they do) then I will lose it and need to buy a new one anyways.  Thanks
for all the help

--
Pedro P Guimaraes
911 Communications / EMT / Fire Fighter