[X Servers] Update Admin Tools failed on 10.2.3 client

R. Hannes Niedner hannes.niedner at gmx.net
Mon Jan 20 08:16:02 PST 2003

On 1/20/03 6:54 AM, "Dalton Hamilton" <dalton_hamilton at mac.com> wrote:

> Actually we don't need to install the tools on the server as they are
> already their and at the same update level.

Not in my case, they have the same level as the last Software Update which
is in my case 10.2.2 Server. I did not bother to update the Admin tools on
the Xserver since I do all admin stuff remotely from my TiBook.

> I've always just copied the tools over from the XServe and they have
> worked fine.

That is what I need to fall back on - I don't know but somebody at Apple
missed his cereal for breakfast before he wrote the installer...:-(

> However, I decided to install the Admin Tools from the
> Admin Tools CD and try to apply the downloaded 10.2.3 Admin Tools
> update.

That is exactly what I did.

> This method allowed me to install the update fine...

...and what gave me the described error.

> Dalton/

/h