[X Servers] Forcing server to perform fsck on restart

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Thu Jan 30 14:26:31 PST 2003

If the machine was not shutdown gracefully it will do the write thing
when it is restarted.

When the machine reboots its startup scripts will run fsck -p and that
program will examine
the filesystem and it will know that the machine wasn't shutdown
gracefully and it will proceed
to fix the problem caused by that.