[X Servers] Forcing server to perform fsck on restart

R. Hannes Niedner hannes.niedner at gmx.net
Thu Jan 30 15:02:40 PST 2003

On 1/30/03 2:26 PM, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> If the machine was not shutdown gracefully it will do the write thing
> when it is restarted.
>
> When the machine reboots its startup scripts will run fsck -p and that
> program will examine
> the filesystem and it will know that the machine wasn't shutdown
> gracefully and it will proceed
> to fix the problem caused by that.

Well, I went "over" to the server room and did the thing manually. I had
journaling turned on thus fsck -y will tell you that it wont do it without
-f and so I did. Even with journaling on and the above described self
maintenance it still found minor problems on the file system which it
happily repaired. Go figure..

/h