[X Servers] XServe RAID 1 (mirroring)

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Tue Jul 1 09:45:06 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 12:01:04PM -0400, Peter C.S. Adams wrote:
: Thus spake James Bucanek <subscriber at gloaming.com>, circa 7/1/2003 11:03 AM:
: >
: > If you need more than four drives, Apple makes the XRAID.  Besides,
: > the XServe is a 1U box.  Where would you put 5 full sized drives?
:
: Sorry, I though he said the Xserve didn't support RAID 5. I was obviously
: reading way too much into that.
:
: But surely drives in the Xraid are hot swappable?

Yes they are.  Apple says so:

	http://www.apple.com/xserve/raid/

	The elegantly-engineered companion to Apple's highly-regarded
	Xserve line of server hardware, this cutting-edge,
	self-contained storage solution holds up to 14 hot-swappable
	Apple Drive Modules --- a phenomenal 2.52 terabytes of data ---
	in a rack-optimized storage enclosure.

Check out Apple's site for more details.

--
Eugene Lee
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/