Rebuilding Raid from Disk Utilities

Marq Andrew Speck ntcmusic at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 14 08:06:00 PST 2003

Has anyone been able to successfully rebuild a
degraded raid in an Xserve. We mirrored two boot
drives during our initial set up and all was well
until someone kicked open drive two during an
operation and of course the raid was toast. We have
tried so many ways to rebuild the raid from the boot
drive, from the install cd, from terminal and always
get the same error about "could not unmount the
drive". Any suggestions other than starting from
scratch (yikes).
thank you for your time.

Marq Speck
Strategy Network, Inc.