server upgrade, user directory mystery

Pat Ellis ellis at champlaincollege.qc.ca
Wed Mar 19 07:23:50 PST 2003

Regarding my problem of "missing" user directories following
an upgrade from 10.1.5 to 10.2 - I have discovered that the
previous student directories and their work are located in the
invisible Volumes directory of the server.  I'm not sure what
specifically caused this (does journaling save info here?) but
I'm sure this is not proper behaviour.  In any case, I am going
to try copy some files from a previously created test account
back into its appropriate /Users/short name directory and
modify the path.

My apologies for the previously long posting and thank you
for your patience.

Patrick