Permissions problems

Joey Parshley kneeland at mac.com
Fri Mar 28 08:54:46 PST 2003

We are a design agency and we are running 10.24  server on Xserve. We have
12 Jag 10.24 clients running Quark 4.11 in classic mode as well as the
latest Adobe PS and Ill. We also have  one win98 and one WinXP.

We were having the permissions problem and were logging into the network as
the same user and password for everyone. Once we updated to Server 10.2.4 we
no longer need to do that. Everyone can log in to the Xserve as themselves.
I have not yet figured out how to have everyone's home on the server yet but
that will come soon hopefully.

We did not run umask or whatever its called. Our set up is as follows.
AFP is set to inherit permissions, Windows file settings are set to not
inherit and be set as follows Owner RW, Group RW and Everyone NO Access. We
needed to copy the settings down to all the enclosed folder for each share
point and of course everyone had to logout and log back in. So Far <fingers
crossed> Everything is running great</fingers crossed>