Running headless at a co-lo

James Bucanek subscriber at gloaming.com
Sat May 17 11:34:42 PDT 2003

Greetings,

I'm looking into getting an XServe that will run headless at a co-location center.

My question is acess to the desktop.  Does XServe come bundled with any kind of virtual desktop software, like Apple's Remote Desktop product?  I see that the server management software will run remotely, but I'm afraid I'd need a little more intimate access to the OS without making a physical trip to the co-lo site.  And I'd rather not try to do *everything* from an SSH session.

Does anyone have experience running an XServe in such an environment?  Is desktop access even a big issue?

Thanks,

James