[X Servers] remote login to an Xserver

Chris Weiss chris.weiss at gmail.com
Fri May 21 11:29:51 PDT 2004

As a remote desktop control alternate to Timbuktu, there's the
open-source VNC protocol. It's not nearly as powerful, but it is free.
VNC Server: [OSXVNC] http://sourceforge.net/projects/osxvnc/
VNC Clients: [VNCThing]
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/9261 [Chicken Of The
VNC] http://sourceforge.net/projects/cotvnc/

Note that most implementeations of VNC are not secure or encrypted and
may not be appropriate for a production environment.