[X-Servers] Windoze remote connectivity

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Tue Oct 12 01:02:27 PDT 2004

I must admit I feel like a goose asking this but its eluding me and I
figure the quickest fix is to swallow my pride and ask.

The scenario. A OS X 10.3.5 machine with access to the 'net (IP
address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX). File sharing setup (SMB activated for the
shares), windows services running and FTP services running.

Remote Mac's can connect via "Go": "Connect to Server", type in IP
address, provide userid and password and boom they are in as if it
was on a physical LAN in the next room.

But how the @$%#@^%^ do I get a Windoze XP Pro box to do it?

Opening a browser page and typing in ftp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX fails,
Trying to map a drive fails.

I've read the Windows Services Configuration doco and didn't see
anything pertinent.

Somebody out there must have done this successfully before me?
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:

Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Intelligence is like underwear, everyone should have it, but we
shouldn't show it off.
--Gene Petret