[X-Servers] Windoze remote connectivity

Mullany, Ryan Ryan.Mullany at europe.mccann.com
Tue Oct 12 01:55:22 PDT 2004

Hi Phil,

For the most part people are using the helpdesk and its working well.
We still get people trying to come direct and we will have to instil a
culture that enforces them to use the helpdesk.

I have not published the SLA you sent me I am keeping it as a failsafe.

It would be helpful if Mary could be more specific with her fault reporting,
.
Its difficult to prioritise otherwise.

For example this morning we received an email from Mary -

'Joe Webster Jones cant log on - can you help her as soon as possible...'

Resolution - The users account was locked.

Is that something Mary can take care of for us?

Some of the mac users have taken to calling me on my mobile, but I will nip
that in the bud soon enough.

Cheers

Ryan M.

On 12/10/04 9:02 am, "Mark Gibson" <gibsonm at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> I must admit I feel like a goose asking this but its eluding me and I
> figure the quickest fix is to swallow my pride and ask.
>
> The scenario. A OS X 10.3.5 machine with access to the 'net (IP
> address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX). File sharing setup (SMB activated for the
> shares), windows services running and FTP services running.
>
> Remote Mac's can connect via "Go": "Connect to Server", type in IP
> address, provide userid and password and boom they are in as if it
> was on a physical LAN in the next room.
>
> But how the @$%#@^%^ do I get a Windoze XP Pro box to do it?
>
> Opening a browser page and typing in ftp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX fails,
> Trying to map a drive fails.
>
> I've read the Windows Services Configuration doco and didn't see
> anything pertinent.
>
> Somebody out there must have done this successfully before me?
This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged.  Unless you are the intended recipient (or authorized to receive this message for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disseminate or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message.  If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message.  Thank you very much.