[X-Servers] Authentication - I can't get it to work...

davewalker1 at mac.com davewalker1 at mac.com
Thu Sep 30 02:45:31 PDT 2004

Frank

Have you got a DNS up and running with forward and reverse mappings for
the server?
I you haven't, there is a whole heap of Open Directory stuff that won't
work. Also, just to make things really fun, once Open Directory has
been set up without a DNS, it is nearly impossible to get it to
acknowledge the existence of one...
Easiest way to get round it is to set up a DNS on one of the client
machines for now, and use that to re-set up the server machine.
There are a few bits on the apple support site about getting the
kerberos stuff working again, but not much about the OD stuff

Sorry to break the bad news, but there it is.

Dave