[X-Servers] OS X machines very slowww on PC Network

John Guzman macman at chasquis.com
Wed Sep 29 22:59:48 PDT 2004

I use G4 and G5s on a PC network(win2000 server). I'm trying to see
if some has some hits or clues on how I can possibly speed up my OS X
machines to browse a PC server or workstations.

The PCs(win200 and XPs machines) load/open files on a server almost
instantly.The OS X based machines take too long...feels like hours.

Any one in the same situation?

Any ideas how to optimize the performance of OS X machines working with PCs.

I have tried TCP and Apple talk with similar results.