[X-Servers] Mail Server Mailing List

Wing Wong wingedpower at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 15:31:33 PDT 2006

Wow, that was very informative. Btw, I'm not including what you
emailed to avoid the 5KB limit. I also went back and re-read a post
you emailed, that I missed.

>From the info you sent:

The DNS servers internal to your network don't have A records for
server86 and server87.

The next step would be to add A records to the DNS server(s) for
server86 and server87 to the DNS server 67.67.182.10 or it's master,
if it is a slave.

I know in sendmail, you can designate a particular email relay as a
"smart host" to handle problem emails. I'm wondering whether the
Exchange server might not have some setting like this.

But right now, I'd make sure that DNS has the correspsonding A records
for server86 and server87 in the internal network. I'd also check to
see whether ldap has the corresponding records, if you are using ldap
for hostname resolution.

The only other things I can think of off the top of my head is to
check the MacOSX email server to verify which DNS server it is using
for name resolution and that it contains the A records in question.

Btw, I've been assuming that emails that are being sent are being sent
on the internal network to other internal users and to internet users.
Please let me know if this isn't the case.

Wing

--
Wing Wong
wingedpower at gmail.com