[X-Servers] Importing E-mail Accounts

Lydia Osborne osborne at wc.edu
Thu Aug 24 11:53:13 PDT 2006

I am using a Mac OSX 10.4.7 server for about 4000 student email
accounts.  At the beginning of each semester, we import students from
our ERP system.  Each time we import, the server ignores all attempts to
force a sequential numbering of accounts and will jump from, say user id
4171, to 10432 at the next import.  Typically, this would not be an
issue, but the last import wrapped to negative numbers.  What am I
missing on the  import?  I have specified the starting ID on the first
import page, we have included specific entries for UID's and it still
jumps.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Lydia Osborne
Weatherford College