[X-Servers] Re: G4 X-Serve for sale

Marq Andrew Speck ntcmusic at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 26 04:50:08 PST 2006

Greetings, listers.
Trying to avoid eBay with this puppy so thought I'd
let the list know:

We are retiring our original G4 Xserve and will put it
up foor sale. Some particulars include:

Dual Gig processors, 2 Gb Ram; 4 sleds with 120Gb
Hitachi drives in each - the oldest from 2004, the
newest just last year so three year warranties for
these drives still valid. One extra drive sled plus
all the "fake" sleds that came with it when shipped.

Second ethernet card (so dual ethernet capabilities).
Video card in one slot. I'll throw in a 17" Apple
Display, keyboard, and mouse for the additional cost
of shipping only.

In it's lifetime we replaced one logic board, one
power supply and one ATA bridge - all covered under
AppleCare and done onsite here by M.A.C.Solutions, an
accredited Apple tech and reseller here in Metro
Detroit.

 I still have the original Xserve box from Small Dog
Electronics. It's rack mounted now, so all that
hardware is still attached / intact.

It came with OSX Jaguar Server but the boot drive will
be wiped before we do anything. I just installed a
fresh copy of Panther Server 10.3.9 - Unlimitied
Client so it's good to go.

Still works right now but would have to sell "as is".
I have a 100% Good Trader status on eBay so wouldn't
sell anything that jeopardized my good standing.

It was our company data server- 19 users.
Basically housed User folders and public art files.
Did not do anything spectacular with it - just ran it
for years with relatively little issues.
I have more problems with our iMacs than this puppy.
Thought we'd keep it as a spare but decided to get a
cluster to back up the G5 to "keep it in the family".
If interested, drop me an email at;

mspeck at strategy-network.com
or call me days at 734-464-8100 and we'll talk Xserve

Price: $1,000.00 plus whatever actual shipping costs
are calculated.
Thanks for the bandwidth.
Marq Speck
Strategy Network